My name is Lamar F. Proctor, Jr., and I am campaigning to serve our community of Orange and Chatham counties as your next District Court Judge.
- Over 20 years of public service as a trial lawyer and litigator.
- 13 years as an Orange County Assistant District Attorney prosecuting homicides, sexual assaults, child abuse, and drug and property crimes.
- 5 years as a prosecutor in Brooklyn, New York.
- Current Assistant Capital Defender, representing indigent clients charged with homicide throughout central North Carolina.
- Born and raised in South Carolina by my mother and grandmother.
- Attended Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC on both merit-based and need-based scholarships.
- Graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1996 and moved to New York City where I began my legal career as a prosecutor.
- My family and I have lived in Efland, NC for fifteen years.
- My wife, Janine Zanin, is a Clinical Associate Professor at UNC School of Law in Chapel Hill.
- My two children, Cypress and Terra, are in elementary and middle schools in Chapel Hill and Orange County.
- Actively involved in our community in many ways including service on and for volunteer boards, as a youth league coach, and as an active member of local and state-wide legal organizations.
I have years of real courtroom and trial experience, years of committed community involvement, and years of demonstrated integrity to my family and to our justice system.
I want to continue to serve this community as a District Court Judge for Chatham and Orange counties.
I am asking for your vote and your support in both the March 2020 Democratic Primary and in the November 2020 General Election.
Please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com with any questions or comments. You can find my professional resume here. Any donation you are able to give to help me serve you and our community as our next District Court Judge would be greatly appreciated. Please check out my campaign Facebook page for updates and news. I also welcome any offers to volunteer and to help me become your next judge. Your questions, comments, and support help me to serve our justice system.